Tuesday, March 18, 2008

About Manipur

I was born and brought up in Imphal (Manipur)....having lived there for most part of my life I have wonderful memories associated with it and the places I travelled with my dad and  frens. One of my most memorable trips in Manipur was with my dad, one village in Ukhrul dist. I do not rem. the name of the village I stayed with dad for abt a Month during my summer vacation. We did tracking...visited manys villages ...for the first time in my life I saw a real apple tree...beautiful churches with lovely rose garden (I still rem. the velvet like petals)....and fog in the month of May/June....I also visited Nungbi, the village in ukhral with the famous black pottery...recently I saw a range of products at Dilli Haat from Nungbi village, coffee mugs, paper weight, plates,soup bowls, tea-cup set and a lot more items, I think an NGO is facilitating the production and marketing.

Wherever I live I still miss Imphal alot...no matter how bad the situation are...its home...sweet home.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog