Monday, December 29, 2008

Disaster ladoo's

One of my all time fav. sweet is nariyal ka ladoo and burfi, whenever I visit delhi I always buy 1/2 a kg of nariyal ladoo which lasts for quite some time, the other day I was invited for baby"S" 2nd birthday, I had this really yummy nariyal ladoo that I was totally HAPPY so I asked the recipe found that its very simple...grate coconut and mix it with condensed milk...the proportion was 2 grated big coconut to 1 condensed milk....I bought this condensed milk& coconut and tried it y'day...I was excited on trying something new...bahut mehnat bhi karna pada from breaking the coconut to grating it man...bahut time laga tha and then after all the mehnat I poured this condensed milk and damnnnnnnnnnnnnn disaster struck...the condensed milk was too thin and my ladoo's became kheer...I realized I shd have bought Nestle condensed milk and not Amul...the problem is amul one is very thin and the nestle one is very thick...for nariyal ladoo nestle is better I learned my listen and I'll try it next weekend again but with Nestle Condensed milk....till then I'll have to eat all the nariyal ladoo turned kheer...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Hi
I just saw the disaster laddoo and I would like to correct the procedure used by you to help you.
Amul mithaimate is far better than Nestle for making any sweet.
You should have readymade grated coconut (desiccated coconut as they call it).
Heat 400g Mithamate (1 tin) in a kadai. You need to just warm it for 3 minutes. Add 400g of deiccated coconut into this while stirring continuously. (in case you like less sweetness, you can take 500g coconut). mix it thouroughly and remove from gas. (totally this won't take more than 5 minutes).
roll the laddoo (you may roll it on a thin layer of desicatted coconut to add to the taste).
this makes great laddoo.
best regards.
mukesh
09375032287
==

travel food and living said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
travel food and living said...

Hi Mukesh,

Thnx a ton for sharing the correct recipe. I'll try it again this weekend.

Regards

About my blog

Search This Blog