Saturday, August 22, 2009

Switzerland The best of all (17th-18th July)


One word to describe my 3rd day and 2nd day of tour in Switzerland "Train" yeah all I did was travelled in train. From Gare Cornavin (Gare is Station in French) I went to Montreax and I took the Golden Panoramic express, this was a special train or to put it correctly it was a Luxury Train, between Montreax and Zweisimmen to view the breath taking view, the best part abt the train was half of the roof was in glass giving a better view. I was really happy that I decided to take this train, the view was too beautiful to express in words. I took so many pictures. I wished I was not travelling alone, Switzerland is not the place to go alone, one should go with his/her partner, its very romantic and now I know why people talk so much abt Switzerland as holiday destination, all their services are very tourist centric.Like the Golden Panoramic train, their were other trains also their was a chocolate express and more trains between beautiful locations.

The train reached Zwesimmen 45 mins late but I was not complaining and noone else was either , everyone was enjoying the beautiful view and July being a holiday season everyone on the train was in no hurry to reach aother destination. The 45 mins delay gave me time to explore the village before boarding another train to Spiez, the village was quite beautiful...for that matter everything in Switzerland was beautiful, the village cottage with flowers in each window and the scenic view of every place was just too beautiful to capture in any Camera or express in words .The train to Speiz was on time, I met alot of people in train who were travelling mostly in groups most Americans and Aseans. I was sitting next to an Australian and we generally started talking, they were surprised to know I am travelling alone and we debated on who's the greatest cricketer he knew Sachin Tendulkar and couple of other Indian cricketer. From Speiz I took another train to go to Interlaken OST, I was planning to go to Lake Thun from Interlaken but since my train got delayed for 45 mins I couldn't go till Lake Thun, next to the Interlaken OST station was a river, I ventured out for abt 30 mins and that place was too beaitiful to be true. The river was so blue that I thought maybe they have added some color to the river lol, the 30 mins I spent there was worth every second, it was a very chilled out kind of place, for a moment I thought that if Interlaken is so beautiful then how beautiful Lake Thun must be...point hai nah. If I had more then I would have definitely stayed longer, at Interlaken I had the most yummy icecream I ever had, the biggest cone and conbination of two icecream scope...yeah thast me and in my most happy mode I overeat and over spend.

I just didn't felt like leaving Interlaken but I had to head back to Geneve and took a train till Bern from Interlaken and for the first time since I landed in Frankfurt I wished for the train that was late but sadly it was not, it was dot on time. The flexi pass I had, allowed me to travel in all the trains from Bern to Geneve. The 2nd day of my tour was mostly spend in train but I had no complains...non at all. The delay of 45 mins was something I didn't mind and even though I couldn't visit Lake Thun, their's always a next time and I know that next time will come very soon... Switzerland has loads to offer for everyone and this is one country I would like to spend all my holidays and next time I will not be alone.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog