Thursday, May 20, 2010

Floating at Hoogly







My recent trip to Kolkata was a good weekend break. It was a work trip and not a city exploring..wanderlusting trip but never the less I really enjoyed it. The stay was arranged at "Hotel Floatel" , India's first floating hotel and it was really a floating hotel on the banks of Hoogly river, the view from my room was really beautiful (I had a river view room) and I enjoyed watching ferrys carrying people from one river bank to another. The Howrah railway station was just across the bank and Hoogly sure was a busy river.

I also visited my fav. restaurant at Kolkata "Flurys" and had a yummy black forest pastry. It was followed by some money wasting shopping trip at Vardan Market. The trip to Kolkata will never be complete without the streetfood and I gorged on Puchkas and a Kolkata style of Uttapam and Dosa...I have never had such yummy streetfood. My knowledge about Kolkata has increased lil. bit and I plan to do increase it more.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog