Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The almost perfect Cha-luk

Top Chef AN's Cha-luk
My fren AN cooks almost every traditional Manipuri dish to perfection and this time in Shillong she  made 'Ooti-Asangba' on popular demand :). Ooti-Asangba is one of my all time fav. Manipuri dish but I've never cooked it myself, my mom makes it really well but this time when I was home she refused it...she gave me the sarcastic look and said "Look at your weight"  this line was enough to make me stop my demands of all possible exotica Manipuri dish for the whole week I was home, but I knew that when I visit AN in Shillong she will make it (Khane mei thoda cheating chalta hai hehehe). AN had mastered the recipe from one Bamon but according to her she makes it much better than the bamon ( I believe her completely).

That day for lunch she made 'Ooti-Asangba, Ousoi kangshu, Fish fry and Leibak-hawai kanghou', I asked her helper to get the banana leaves from her garden and we turned the lunch into a yummy looking Cha-luk. I plan to make Ooti-Asangba  next week, the recipe will be uploaded.


2 comments:

Arunima said...

this looks yum. I don't know how to make uti asangba.

travel food and living said...

Hey Arunima,
I made Uti-Asangba last weekend(which was not bad but not good either), m yet to perfect it, planning for another attempt. It's easy to make and I hope to perfect it this time.

About my blog

Search This Blog