Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Ahmedabad days

I learned making really good fried rice when I was in Ahmedabad,I learned out of desperation and my love for good food I guess.....making fried rice! .....is no big deal m very sure anyone can make it from a road side dhaba to big hotels..but to make it interesting sure requires some bit of
patience....chopping 6 different types of veggies, boiling chicken, shredding the chicken requires patience I must say......alot of it and when it comes to cooking I do have patience alot if it....
Ahmedabad was so damn vegetarian....we won't even get egg at any shop...and being a non-veg was very difficult....so we had no option but to cook non-veg at home......Amrita and I had a gala time....cooking non-veg at a Jain colony....its another thing our neighbours never got to know or else they sure would have cried murder or thorwn us out of the apartment.....but thankfully that never happened in 2 yrs of my stay there....I enjoyed my stay in ahmedabad it sure made me aware abt the value of having non-veg food...hahaha but I did enjoyed the variety of veg snacks..
Pic. of sauteing veggies for the fried rice.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Does it matter said...

Interesting you should say that..

Maybe you should have checked out the fried fish at a medium rest called 'Decent' (sounds shady, but was not, I assure you!).

Or, Butter Chicken at Collegian restaurant, near Guj college..

and a couple of joints that came up near polytechnic as well - maybe thanks to proximity to IIM>..

Not too many options I agree, but you could sure find out if you tried hard enough.

Mintu said...

GOOD blog ... i had been reading your blog nice one ... some non veg will help me plz ... yen n other non veg ...khara haona thongnaba hairak o ...

About my blog

Search This Blog