Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yongchaak story

Yongchaak or Parkia speciosa (petai, bitter bean,sataw, twisted cluster bean, yongchaa, yongchaak, zawngtah or stink bean), I bet its most manipuri's fav. veggie. Yongchaak
can be eaten in many form raw yongchaak singju(after peeling the green cover), boiled and mashed with aloo and other veggies 'Yongchaak Eromba', fried with other veggies 'yongchaak Kanghou' and sun dried after peeling the green cover for later consumption. I never used to like yongchaak eromba as a kid but I always liked yongchaak singju and another preparation of yongchaak I really like with 'Yongchaak ka aloo ga kangmet', that happens to be one of my mom's fav. dish from the list of things I cook.
In Tripura the locals also eat yongchaak but they are not very fond if it...its not as popular as it is in Manipur, I guess thats why its much cheaper the yongchaak I buy for 10 bucks here will cost me more then 100 bucks in Manipur, its yongchaak season now and I've been having yongchaak singju almost everyday resulting in many loo diaster hahaha. I was seraching for yongchaak in google and came across some interesting post on yongchaak, its popular in Malayasia and other south Asian countries, its good to know that....I also read that its very nutritious and high in energy after consumption some research was also conducted using yongchaak and it was found be very good for athletis.....accha hai yongchaak khane ka aneek reason mei se eek aur good reason mil gaya humko.....

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog