Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bangkok- Extravaganza

Bangkok mahanagari is sure a mayanagari, Suvarnabhoomi Airport was really grand what I really liked about the airport was the way they had decorated the airport with all kinds of orchids it was sure a visual treat.

We landed at Bangkok from Chaingmai late at night and stayed at a very centrally located hotel in Bangkok, my room was at the 10th floor and the view from my window was like, that of a futuristic city in a Sc-fi movie I have never seen such tall buildings and that too so many in one place. Once in Bangkok we were at a very tourist mood I was looking fwd to all the shopping and yummy food the city had to offer. The 2nd day at Bangkok we visited Chon Buri to see a very well managed Handicraft Center which was about 2 hrs from the city, what was truly amazing about this handicraft center the fine craftsman ship the artisans of this center had. It was beyond words to express the craftsman ship the artisans had, such fine bamboo products they were making and the collection was just out of this world. I fell in love with the products and ended up buying quite many products it was expensive but worth every single bhait.

We also visited the Grand Palace and the Wat Arun, as the name suggest the Grand Palace was truly GRAND, the temples were so beautiful and very well maintained. The guide Mr. Anukool was truly kool he had so much knowledge about Northeast India that I was really impressed, first he thought I was also Thai but when I told him I am from Northeast India he immediately asked if I was from Assam. He took us around and showed the whole palace and all the temples happily explaining the history behind each temple. Thailand in olden days were very influenced by Hinduism the depiction of Ramayan on the walls of the palace was truly marvelous. Bangkok I realized was not just about shopping or massages as it’s known all over the world, after the Grand Palace we visited Wat Arun or Temple of Dawn. It was very close to the Grand Palace but we had to take a boat ride as it was located across the river, Wat Arun from a distance looked like a ruined temple but once we reached there I realized how wonderful the temple is, it was cloudy when we reached the temple giving us respite from the heat and humid weather. I ended up taking some really nice pics. Of the temple and my 2nd day at Bangkok was a day full of visual treats.



No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog