Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A wedding to remember....





A grand Meitei wedding, the best part about the wedding or the highlight is the bride's attire, the potloi, the jewellery, the mandap, the rituals followed are all so grand and done so beautifully that one feels in love with that. The above pics. are of my frens wedding, I flew esp. to attend the wedding and I am glad I was a part of the grand wedding....the first Manipuri wedding I attended from begning to end..., I've never attended any of my other school frens wedding and this one I wanted to attend. The songs sung were very modern I have heard all kirten type earlier,now people sing all krishna and radha songs and the funny part was the manipuri films playback singer's were singing the wedding song, I got to knw from my frens younger brother that these days the playback singer sing at all weddings...which to me is very interesting. After the wedding when the bride was going to grooms house, on our way alot of people had lined up to see the bride some kids commented "hema malini man le ko" hahaha that was funny....my fren "B" looked very very beautiful in the wedding attire and the couple looked like just made for eachother.Over all I did had a great time and did managed to take some good pics. which was of course my priority.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog