Monday, June 8, 2009

Breakfast at Flurys, trams and the affordable taxi ride



I have been to Kolkata almost uncountable times starting from the time when I was a student it was a transit route then I started travelling for work very often and travelling for office related work meant...only work and no time to explore the city. This time since it was a personal trip I had all the time for myself and decided to explore the city and Park Street was first in list, I went to Westside, Pantaloon for some PLEASURE shopping and then Flurys, I’ve heard so much abt Flurys and its famous breakfast platter so I ordered myself the famous Flurys all day Breakfast and a filter coffee….the food was yummmmm or to use one word I really want to use, like Nigella Lawson from Nigella Feast uses so often “heavenly” sausage, bacon, omlette, toast and cutlet…it was really good and I enjoyed every bite of it. Next in my list was Elgen road and my fav. silver jewellery shop Chamba Lamba's at New Market, I have been to Chamba Lamba many time and everytime I visit I end up buying loads of silver jewellery. I recommend Chamba Lamba to everyone who's fond of wearing silver jewellery.
Kolkata is one metro city where Taxis are very much affordable, everytime I take a taxi in Delhi or Mumbai I do that with a heavy heart, thinking abt the hole in my pocket after reaching my destination but in Kolkata I can always take a taxi without any worries, the ride to Alipur from Airport cost me abt 250 bucks. I was told to try other means of public transport like trams, metro, local buses and the local trains but till date I have tried only the local train maybe next time I can use the trams and the buses just for thrill...till then lemme prepare for my next leisure trip.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog