Monday, August 17, 2009

La Paris Tour (12th- July Day 1)

When I was planning my Europe trip the city which came up in my mind was "Paris", the worlds fashion capital, the city of Eiffel Tower etc etc. I asked my frens who had been to Paris abt the city and how to travel around, I got a lot of info some useful and most not so useful. I did a lot of Internet search and found some really interesting facts abt Paris, the hostel booking was done through Internet and even the Euroline bus tickets was booked from Internet. Me and my fren "A" were so excited from the moment we reached Paris, and thanks to my fren AD for mailing me the metro connection we reached and found our way till the hostel very easily. The hostel was not as good as the pic. in the Internet but in 25 euro's I didn't expected much either, it was okay and I think that hostel "Aloha" was popular with many backpackers I saw alot of people from all around the world.
Getting around Paris was easy all we did was follow the Eiffel Tower and asked people if we were going the right way, I found most people helpful and on the way to Eiffel Tower we came across this flea market or like a Sunday market sort of place, that was quite cool , I bought myself a bag some souvenir's and we bought french beans...we found veggies were much cheaper in Paris compared to Germany and I must have ate 1 kg of cherries..it was yummm and too good.
I was busy scanning the market to the point that I almost forgot to take pics. (which is very unlike me) we really had a good time at the market. I went to a souvenir shop which belonged to an Indian guy and we bought postcards and a coffee mug, I was quite thrilled and 10 mins of this shop was Eiffel Tower. I can't explain my excitement in words when I reached Eiffel Tower, this is one place I had only seen in TV, pics and magazine's....seeing it in real was quite an amazing and awesome feeling. I went till the 2nd level of Eiffel Tower and mind you I paid 4.50 euro to claim the tower. The view from top was amazingly beautiful and I enjoyed every moment of it, the 1st level of Eiffel Tower has many eating joints, theatre, souvenir shops and much more for all tourists. It was quite an experience for me to go all the way to Eiffel Tower and chill for sometime, I took so many pictures and had the longest sandwich ever (in Paris what I know as sub is sandwich). After came down from Eiffel Tower me and "A" just walked around the city and we took the cruise ride at river Seine, that was 11 euro per person but worth every cent, we enojyed it so much and went crazy taking pictures. The river was clean and unlike rivers and the cruise ride was very relaxing. We ended the day after spending some time back at Eiffel Tower and we walked all the way back to the hostel.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog