Friday, August 7, 2009

Tour Amsterdam-10th July 09

Amsterdam was the 2nd destination in my “Tour Europe” plan. My fren “A” visited Amsterdam sometime back but the train got delayed and she spent exactly 20 mins in Amsterdam .This time we had the whole day with us. It was raining when we reached Amsterdam but than thankfully rest of the day it didn’t rained, as usual I was super excited…visiting a new place that too a city like Amsterdam, I was there to explore the city and enjoy every moment. We started with visiting the various souvenir shops and buying postcards, wooden tulip, fridge magnets and few other interesting(here interesting also means affordable) things. I was so busy clicking pics. that "A" commented "I know why you wanted me to some with you" I asked WHY? her reply " To be your official photographer" hahaha thats "A" and her style. I called everyone from Amsterdam mom, "D", sis & boss, the phone was of course expensive 1 euro for abt 40 secs but then I found 3 euro in a coin operated phone booth....I got so excited that I used up all the money...I was trying to call "D" and the line the engaged so I hanged up and put my fingers inside to take my coin back...and then bingo....not just the coin I had put but I found 3 more euro's....hahaha that was the beginning of my lottery which I realized much later....
We walked and just walking down the central Amsterdam area and visited the most interesting place " The Red Light District", the most popular item on sale was the male sexual organ made in many forms, coffee mugs, coffee mug handle, sale and pepper dispenser, fridge magnets..you name it they have made it. It was lil too much for me, never in my life I have seen such display of male sexual organ so openly...I took pictures and loads of it...at Amsterdam the coffee bars were marijuana joints where people can smoke marijuana openly...since I was told earlier abt all these I was not shocked. After staying in Germany "A" felt Amsterdam is not as "CLEAN" as Germany, which I also think is true but then every place has its own charm and I liked Amsterdam. The french fries or Frites as they call it was yumm...and I loved the croissants.

Amsterdam was affordable, I bought loads of wooden tulips, fridge magnet, postcards and yeah even a T-shirt.... sadly I couldn't take the canal ride and open bus tour but then I am looking fwd to visiting the city again next year. The 2nd destination in my "Tour Europe" trip was awesome.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog