Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trip South-Mysore






I truely believe I am a true Nomad. Its not that I always plan my trips but it just happens to me, I travel for work, to meet friends, family, leisure, adventure and to keep myself sane.My trip to Mysore just happend I had not planned it as I always do but it was planned overnite, I have been to Mysore earlier on a educational tour of various places in Karnataka....that was about 6 yrs ago and this time it was pure leisure and nothing else. I visited the famous Mysore Palace and the Indian me world famous Brindavan Garden, which I feel is the most over hyped place in India...yaar kuch bhi nahi tha dekhne layak....I really think my neighborhood garden, Nehru Park is better maintained and much more beautiful compared to the "famous" brindvan garden...but it was so crowded that I couldn't believe it...Mysore palace was much better. It was grand, beautiful, well maintained and it sure is the pride of Mysore. I was told that taking pics. inside the palace was "Strictly Prohibited" but meh like a typical indian took pics. and banggg two mamu's from some corner came and took my camera....this time I had to use all the skills of saying sorry in many ways to get my camera back but I also paid 200 bucks...those two buggers must have had chicken tangri kabab for lunch.




These two pics. are the most expensive pics.that I have ever paid for any pics.till now... hahaha..the inside view of the Grand Mysore Palace...it was beautiful. The stain glass painting roof, the chandelier, amazing mosiac tiles, carving on the walls, the hand carved stunning wooden doors....wonders human mind and hands can create.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog