Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Poha for breakfast




I never used to like Poha (Cheng-paak in Meiteilon), it reminds me so much of the TISS, DH evening snacks. They used to make it so horribly, I don’t knw how the cooks at TISS, DH  prepare food....everything tasted the same which in short was “BAD”. I don't know how we survived those 2 yrs.
Coming back to Poha, one fine morning out of the blue I decided to make Poha for breakfast and as usual with few of my own additions. I was not surprised when it turned out so yummy that since then I normally have Poha for breakfast on most Sundays. Making Poha is easy the only issue is with chopping the veggies... its time consuming... so I normally have it on Sundays or holidays only.

Poha
Ingredients:
• 1 Onion, chopped.
• 4-5 Green chilies, slit and chopped
• 1 Potato finely made into small cubes.
• 1 cup fried/roasted peanuts
• Few Curry leaves
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
 2 Cups of good quality Poha (Socked for few mins and the water drained )


Method
•On a non stick pan add 2 tbsp oil. Heat it for 2 mins.
•Add the chopped onion and fry for 3-5 or till it turns golden brown.
•Add the small cubed potatoes, green chilies, tomato and fry for 8-10 mins on low flame or till the potato’s are cooked.
•On a separate pan, fry the curry leaves and add the fried curry leaves  in the pan after the potatos are cooked.
•Add turmeric powder, roasted peanuts, salt and mix it well, fry for another 5 mins.
•Add the socked poha and mix it with the fried ingredients.


Serve hot with a Tea or coffee.
Cooking Time: 25 MinsServes: 3-4 

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog