Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fasting?????? Nah Feasting




The only additional alphabet in “Feasting” when compared to “Fasting” is “E” but the “E” can make hell lot of difference; I am talking in terms of calories. Since I love to cook n eat so much I normally cheat on my diet plan every Sunday and make something really good, last Sunday I made myself the best meal of the month. What was the best meal??? Well what could be better than a typical Meitei Sunday Lunch, “Ooti Thongba (Hawai Mangan ga Ousoi ga Ooti), Pulao/Khichidi and Morok Metpa” lethal combination to make any Meitei foodie go weak on the knee.
I tried my best to prepare the food as healthy as possible using less oil, adding potol, brinjal, chana & moong sprouts in the pulao, the result was a super yummy Pulao. Ooti can never be cooked in a healthy way the only thing I did was I put less cooking soda, Ooti is very heavy for the stomach in Manipur we have Ooti with Lafuu(Banana Steam) Eromba, the fibrous Lafuu helps in the digestion but I was dying to have morok metpa (Typical Meitei Chile Chutney) so I made this really good morok metpa with fresh green chillies, Ngari and fried fish. I am always happy when I eat a heavy and yummy meal without any regret :)

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog