Saturday, June 19, 2010

Interesting Salad



Trying to lose the extra weight (in my case it's accumulated over a period of 5 years) requires dedication, self control and sabse jaruri hai guts. Technically it's my first month on my attempt to lose alot of weight and I have realized that I have very little self control when it comes to good food, when I pass the area of fast food stalls on my way back from office I feel they are all calling me...you knw how it was with the girl in the film "Confessions of a Shopaholic"...it's exactly like that. I literally have to calm myself down and tell myself that "CHILL LADY...THAT FOOD IS NOT FOR YOU" urghhhh me and food...janam,janam ka rishta hai.

The thing about eating "HEALTHY" is that...all "HEALTHY" food are the most boring in this world so I decided to take the take the boringness out of my "HEALTHY" food and make it interesting. I made myself a very yummy sprouts and rajma salad for dinner, I remember having it last year at Golconda Resorts-Hyderabad but my salad was a lil different, the main ingredients:

a) 1 Cup boiled rajma and kabuli chana.
b) 1 Cup chana and whole moong dal sprout.
c) 1 Tomato chopped.
d) 1 onion thinly chopped.
e) 1 medium size cucumber finely chopped.
f) Chaat masala
g) Salt to taste
h) Olive oil (optional)

I mixed all the ingredients and added some chaat masala on top. It tastes real good and it's super light on stomach. One may lighty fry the Chana and moong dal sprouts if you don't like the raw taste of sprouts.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog