Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheirouba

Happy Cheirouba to everyone (Photo courtesy : e-pao.net)
Meitei Cheirouba or the new year for Meitei's in Manipur and all over the world is an auspicious day for all the Meitei's. As a kid growing up in Manipur, I loved this festival, it was the day we get to eat a really elaborate lunch...mom would always make Ooti (which is my favorite among of all Meitei dishes ) and atleast 10 more dishes, all vegetarian but really yummy, we exchange dishes with our neighbors, offer food to god on banana leaf before eating any of the special dishes  and the best part was Cheirou-ching kaba after the heavy meal. 

It's been many years since I celebrated "Cheirouba' at home in Imphal but every year on Cheirouba day I do cook Meitei dishes and make an elaborate meal for myself. Today I made Ooti, Champhut, Hawai thongba and  Aloo kangmet with Yongchak maru. Happy Cheirouba to me and hope this new year make me work harder and brings the best of life.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog