Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Super happiness wala food

Sometimes I think I get to eat more Manipuri veggies and food in Hague then in other part of India. The Oriental supermarket sells many vegetables we eat in Manipur. Hanggam, Yongchak Maru (though a lil different), Ekai-thabi, Thambou, Chile's simillar to Ou-morok, Yendem, Yai-ngangla, Marou-Nakuppi, Marou-Napakpi, Sa-Maroi, Kolamni, Ousoi and much more. The other day I went to The Oriental supermarket, I bought hanggam and Yongchaak maru it tastes the same but the only difference is the price, a packet of hanggam cost 1.5 euro where as back home it will cost just about 10 or15 bucks......I know I should stop this conversion business but my mind is stuck to the Rs and refuses to adapt to Euro....hahaha.  
I also went to another store as suggested by my Chinese floor mate called "Wah Nah Hong", which also sells things similar to The Oriental but a little cheaper and I found Wai wai and Ou-chi na at the store, food and ingredients wise I've no complains in Hague....my happiness is at max now with these food discovery.

In the evening for dinner I made "Nga ga Hanggam ga thongba & Yongchaak maru singju",  though thousands of miles apart, I felt closer to home.
Yongchaak maru, hanggam and Wai wai....happiness food

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog