Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The 2nd Udaipur




We all know abt the Udaipur in Rajasthan but I am sure very few know abt the other Udaipur, the district Head qtr of South Tripura District. I go to Udaipur very often mainly because of the famous Kali temple "Matabari" or "Tripureshwari Mandir", I am not a very religious person but I often pray to Matabari. The most wonderful thing abt this temple are the peda prasad, its an ancient temple and people from all communities pray, making it even more divine. The temple is also a picnic spot and even the Govt. here has created infrastructure for people to enjoy the area. Infront of the temple is a small lake or a big pukur, the pukue is full of HUGE fish which we can see everywhere and I was always told that their are many tortoise but never really got a chance to see anyone of the many tortoise but this time since I had all the time I saw the tortoise. It was very cute, people were feeding biscuits to the tortoise, which I do not approve of but then kya kar sakte hai. My sis. even touched the tortoise,something we had never done before. I had a good time out y'day...visiting the mandir and watching those tortoise....

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog