Thursday, August 20, 2009

La Tour Paris ( Day 2-13th July)


Day 2 in Paris was our last day in Paris, after checking out from the hostel we decided to explore the other part of city we couldn't cover the 1st day. The first place was The Invalides- Napoleon Bonaparte Tomb with its dome covered with gold, the lawns and the garden was maintained well and my fren "A" in her happy jolly mood as usual claimed Napoleon Bonaparte was her ex-lover in past and she remembers the time they both spent together in the huge garden ...yeah that was some story and me being me I made some stinking sarcastic jokes abt the whole thing...on the way we stopped to enjoy some yummy "Paris" pastries (2 euro luxury) and we clicked unlimited pictures(free happiness)...I was taking "A" pics. from my camera and she was taking mine from her camera...it was a competition who can take most in the worst of positions and situations....and I think I won in that...hahaha we had some real cheap thrills in life.... next in our list was Eiffel Tower...we could see Eiffel Tower from The Invalides...for that matter we could see Eiffel Tower from everywhere in Paris. My agenda for the day was to take the Open Tour city bus ride...it was expensive (for me) and "A" refused to take the tour...but I took the tour and it was truly awesome 29 Euro's was a lil too much for me but I was in Paris for the first time and didn't know when I'll be there again...I paid 29 euro's with a heavy heart but it was worth every cent...the bus was full (Thank gawd I was not the only one to pay 29 goddamm euros) and I enjoyed every bit of the tour...I got to see all the places starting from The Invalides, Notre Dame, Opera House, Louvre and all other places in the MUST SEE LIST...by the end of the tour I was a happy girl..."A" was waiting at Eiffel Tower and I told her how much she missed seeing all other monuments...she didn't enjoyed Paris as much as I enjoyed so m sure that didn't bothered her.The best part abt the bus tour was it was worth every cent I spent and the hop on and hop off service that the bus provided, I didn't got down at any of the stops as I had very little time but I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. When the bus reached Louvre I was super excited and took so many pics. going inside Louvre was not in my agenda but just the fact that I was there and visiting the famous Museum made me super happy. Paris had a lot to offer if I had time...two days was just not enough. What would have helped was if we knew someone in Paris who could have told us abt the places to visit and what is near what but chalo it was a great trip for me...we found an explored everything in our own and despite our shoe string budget...we shopped quite alot ...enjoyed the city and enjoyed the food in Paris......I hope I go back again ...very soon and revisit the places I visited very briefly.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog