Thursday, August 20, 2009

Switzerland -The best of all (15th-16th July)

To live a dream is what most of us want and my trip to Switzerland was one for me. Switzerland for me was a beautiful location where all our bollywood stars go to shoot songs...a place where RICH people go for honeymoon...a country of chocolates and a dream destination till 15th of July...I had got the best of deal to visit switzerland from Germany my entire return train journey was 79 euros...a deal everyone of us will dream of...I was super excited abt the trip but nearly missed the train...but thanks to the ontime departure or the tram I reached the Bielefeld Hbf just on time 3 mins before departure...the journey was Bielefeld-Mannheim-Basel-Geneve. The journey from Mannheim to Basel was long but very beautiful passing so many tunnels and the vineyards on both sides was just so beautiful and some views were truly breath taking. I reached the Geneve main station Cornovin on time, I had no clue how to buy the bus ticket so I asked an old gentleman how to buy a ticket, he was very kind and showed me how to buy and gave me 3 CHF ...I kept asking him to take euro form me but he refused....that was really sweet of him and he was Turkish he told me. AB's mom (my host at Geneve) had given be proper direction on how to reach there place. I got the information right and reached on time, the house was loacted at beautiful location with a view of Lake Geneve, I had a huge room to myself . Everything abt Switzerland was beautiful even the grass....Geneve was like any other big city of Europe but the other places I visited in Switzerland was non like the places I visited earlier.Thanks to my fren AB''s parents my trip was planned and aunty had got me these flexi passes (these passes doesn't come cheap but uncle being an Ambassador got me these passes at very very affordable price..jai ho uncle and aunty) , the best part part these flexi passes was it could be used in all the trains including the luxury trains and discounts on many more tickets. The 2nd day of visit I went to Mt. Titlis from Geneve I took a train till Luzern and from Luzren to Engelberg and from Engelberg to Mt. Titlis by cable car and the famous Roatair cable car. The train from Luzern to Engelberg was too cool, it was a mountain climbing train...I was a bit scared at the begning but after sometime I was back to my normal excited and happy self.I took so many pictures and for the first time I realize that 2 GB memory chip is very less...for meh!in my excitment I was taking so many pictures and making video clip that I forgot my camera has limited memory storage haha.From Engelberg I went till the Cable way point and bought the ticket to go till top of Mt. Titlis, thanks to my flexi passes I got 50% discount on my ticket so insteda of 82 CHF i paid only 41 CHF...that momemt I felt ke zindagi mei aur kya chahyeh..discount pe discount.

Unlike the cable car I had travelled last year here in India at Timber Trail resort, Parwano this one was smaller and climbed steeper heights, some people were tracking and from above I saw the breathtaking beautiful valley, the site was amazingly beautiful and I was more than happy that I came to Engelberg, Mt Titlis. I met a group of people of Delhi who were also travelling, infact most toursit were Indians. Once I reached Trubsee, my excitment knew no bound....that place was part of a glacier and their were show everywhere, for the first time in my life I saw real snow...hahaha...other fellow toursit went gaga over the scene...everybody was busy taking pictures and that moment I missed my fren "A" alot....I thought if we would have been travelling together then hum dono pata nahi kitna sara photo khechte...from Trubsee the Roatair cable car took us to Mt. Titlis.

I spent abt 1 hr at Mt. Titlis and bought some souvenir's like coffee mug, key ring and postcards. I saw a lot of Indian's esp. Gujju's and the best was at the restaurant they were serving Indian food, palik panner, dal, rice, chappati, papad...hahaha I was truly amazed. Even in the souvenir shop they had written in Hindi that "Hum euro coin nahi lete sirf note lete hai". Their was an Indian cafe I saw when I came down and they were selling all Indian fast food...I couldn't stop myself from having a masala chai....After I came down to Engelberg I explored the place...took some pictures and just roamed around the place. It was relaxing and refreshing....the Mt. Titlis trip turned out really cool and I enjoyed every moment and this was truly one of the best places I ever visited in life....I was sure living my dream.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog