Friday, November 6, 2009

The yummy things I cooked

October was a month full of cooking yummy food and eating loads of yummy food. I want home..twice, the 1st time as part of my yearly break during Durga Puja and 2nd time for official work. Each time I ended up carrying back tons of veggies, I always get veggies back whenever I go home I end up buying almost all kinds of veggies available at Nagamapal keithel from maroi nakuppi to maroi napakpi to cauliflower to thambou to ou morok. I love to buy veggies at the Nagamapal keithel but the most annoying part abt buying veggies is the dirt and garbbage piled up near the keithel. When I was home I invited my fren "A" and her Husband "G" for lunch and ended up cooking the most yummy meitei style chicken after the one at D's place...was I happy??? oh yeah I was super happy.....I always thought I can't cook meitei style chicken but I was wrong! with the right ingredients and an iron kadhai I can sure cook yummiest meitei style chicken. The cook in me tried different things this month and the most succesful in all my attempts was the "maroi nakuppi paknam", I had never tried making paknam but always wanted to, the problem with making it was the availability of turmeric leaves but this time I managed to get one during one of my field visits and with lil help from "A" I got the recipe right and bingo...my paknam turned out to be as good as that of my mom's. I do plan to make paknam next time I visit home and surprise mom with my recipe of a very popular meitei dish.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog