Friday, January 7, 2011

Cafe with a difference- Cafe Ethnic, Zaheerabad

Cafe Ethnic- Organic Food Restaurant @ Zaheerabad, Medak Dist. AP
As a real foodie I make it a point to visit the best eating joints where I travel, I google search, read managines ask for suggestions and I have been to many eating joints- Small, Big, posh, road side dhaba's etc etc some of them were really good and some not so good. 

During my visit to Rural Andhra last month we happen to visit one restaurant which I believe is truly one of the best places I have ever visit. Started  on 26th Jan 2004 CafĂ© Ethnic is a family restaurant located at Zaheerabad town, 100 kms from Hyderabad, what was really cool and awesome about the restaurant was the menu, serving  organic, really healthy, nutritious and yummy food this restaurant is a must visit again. The  main ingredient was Millets of different kinds I never knew that in India we have Millets of atleast 5 types....all this info was written in the Menu Card and also info. posters were put up in the restaurant. The food was simple but very healthy and yummy, I had the Thali and the rotis made from different types of Millets, subzi and dal was one of the best meals I have ever had....the Kheer was just too good made with Millet and Jaggery. 


If anyone happens to be in Zaheerabad, do visit "Cafe Ethnic" its located in the Zaheerabad town main market area. The food is very reasonably priced and try the thali and "Til Laddu"  and don't forget to get a copy of the recipe booklet (given free of charge).

1 comment:

eSvasa said...

Hi! I run a website spreading awareness about organic food - www.esvasa.com, and was pleasantly surprised to see your review of this quaint cafe... its wonderful! Can you share a couple of recipes with me? It would be great - and I can credit you and the cafe!
Thanks,
Vandana

About my blog

Search This Blog