Monday, October 10, 2011

Cooking revived :)

After more then a month of living in The Hague I am back to my cooking spree again, I've started to enjoy cooking as m finally settled and that for me means....finding the exact store/place to buy things I want to cook, having good pots & pans for cooking and a neat kitchen. The Albert Heijn XL at my neighborhood has almost everything I need and also the "Open Market"  @ Herman Costerstraat, sells things which even Albert Heijn doesn't sell........Hanggam, Green chillies, fresh fish & prawns, crabs to mentions few of the items from Open Market n also its almost half the price.. The Indian store "India Gate" near the Open market is where we get all the dal, masala's, sweets and roti's.

Coming back to cooking, the other day I decided to make Chole (Chickpea Curry) but ended up making something else....I was in no mood to make an elaborate dinner so made a quick and easy dish. I am still confused about what to call the dish but nonetheless it was yumm. The recipe is below:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup boiled chickpea.
  • 1/2 cup boiled corn.
  • 1 Onion.
  • 4-5 Green Chilies
  • 1 Tomato
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt to taste 
  • Chile Powder (Optional)
Method:
  • Chop the onion, green chillies and tomato.
  • In a non stick frying pan, heat some olive oil and fry the chopped onion, green chilies and the tomato's.
  • Add the boiled corn and Chickpea & fry for another 5 mins. Mix the ingredients together, add salt to taste. Add some chili powder on top. 
  • Serve hot with garlic bread. 



No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog