Saturday, October 22, 2011

Going Dutch....the bike story n the joke of the week

I bought a bike (cycle) few weeks back, a good old pink bike from Ms. G, the Colombian lady from the senior batch, my fren CT wanted to buy it but it was high for her so I ended  up with the bike and she was sweet enough to give me an extra lock.....just so that my bike doesn't become a victim of the "Dutch National Pass time"...which unfortunately happens to be stealing bikes (recently one bike belonging to one of my batchmate from Philippines was the first victim of the "Dutch National Pass Time" in our batch). 

My frens CT and SS also bought bikes and both the bikes are really cute....we were just to lazy to ride the bikes since we bought it but  today we decided to ride  till Centrum & The Grote Market as we had some work, it was fun to ride bike after such a long time but we are still getting used to riding (walking) on the right...sometimes we tend to ride on the left...(yeah...yeah old habits die hard ) back home we walk n ride on the left lekin yahan toh opposite hai eekdam. The best thing abt Netherlands is, the whole country rides bike and has bike path all over....which I don't think any other country has....I've seen it in Paris but not too sure if whole of France has it. My fren CT and I've decided to enjoy the extended sunny weekends by riding our bikes n exploring the neighborhood....which will not be tiring but we will enjoy it, otherwise the amount of walking I've been doing since the time I came here is really not funny.

Oh I forgot the joke of the week :

Me: Yaar CT, yahan toh puri country bike chalati hai aur har jagah bike path hai.
CT: Yeah...lekin hamare wahan sirf countryside mei log bike chalate hai.....hahaha

We must have laughed for 10 mins after this :). 

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog