Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rajmah curry-One of my fav



As kid I always liked Rajmah curry and looked fwd to meals when mumma cooked rajmah. In manipur we get the fresh rajmah "koli hawai" I like koli hawai and aloo kangsoi thongba, its one of my all time fav. manipuri food. When in college our canteen served really good Rajmah-Chawal for 10 bucks and it almost became a ritual for me to have rajmah-chawal and Rinchen(my very good fren) to have chole bhature every day....I still miss that phase of life. Our MH college canteen really served good food till we were in college after that the caterer was changed and food turned real bad I guess;....abhi pata nahi kya haal hai.

Talking abt Rajmah curry, I learned making good rajmah curry from my fren AD and cracked the secret behind real punjabi yummy rajmah....when you boil rajmah add salt, ginger, garlic,red chili powder, black peppercorn,dalchini,ilichi and long (Cloves).....onion paste, dhania powder and red chilies powder...some curd and the final result....yummy rajmah's you could ever have on the face of this earth...the pic. is above.... I cooked it for my mum and  mum really liked the rajmah  and  whenever m home Mum always insists I cook Rajmah when she invites guests for dinner....

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog