Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Recipe

Ingredients:
1. 250 gm medium size prawns.
2.Green Chillies 5-6.
3.Coconut Milk 200 ml.
4.Onion 1.
5.Garlic.
6.Bay leaves.
Method:
1.Wash the prawns and marinate with salt turmeric and lil. mustard oil for 30 mins.
2.Chopp the onions, and garlic finely.
3.Slit the green chillies.
4.Take 2 tbsp of mustard oil in a non stick fry pan, when its hot add the bay leaves and fry for 1 min.
5.Add the chopped garlic and then the onions, fry for 2-3 mins.
6.Add the green chillies and fry for another 5 mins in low flame.
7.Add lil. turmeric powder and then the coconut milk.
8. Bring it to a boil and add the marinated prawns, cook for another 20-25 mins in low flame.
9.Garnish with coriender leaves....you'll sure want to have more.
I had this prawn curry when I was in Ahmedabad and could never forget the wonderful taste. I had almost forgotten the recipe as I had not cooked this curry this long, mainly because coconut milk is not available here and I buy coconut milk when I travel out of Tripura. This curry made me happy and I had another yummy & happy dinner.

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog