Friday, December 11, 2009

Nga-nam

I think I am happy from inside these days why? coz I cook very well and I have been trying new recipes and all the dish I have been cooking to my great satisfiction tastes like what my mom makes. I tried "Nga-nam" a very authentic meitei dish, the preparing is so simple that one can easily make it, all we need is the small fish, turmeric leaves, green chillies and one onion.
Method:
1. Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric.
2.Finely chop the onion and slit the green chillies. Mix it with the fish.
3.Take abt 6 turmeric leaves and lay it carefully on a plate, put the fish on the leaves and wrap it carefully, remember the fish should be carefully wrapped.
4.If you have a microwave keep it for abt 10-12 mins or else use a tava to steam it and steam from both the sides.
I tried this yesterday and it was heaven when I tasted it, it reminded me of my childhood when mom used to make this and we all wanted some more. This week has been really good for me food wise, I am super happy with my cooking and hope to remain happy always....

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog