Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oukabi Atouba

Oukabi (Koi Mach in Bangla and Climbing Perch in English) is one of the most yummest fish found in Manipur. Okay its not as yummy as Ilish mach but its sure beryyy beryyy tasty. The price is more or less the same when compared with mid size Ilish mach. The other day I went to the market near G.B Hospital to buy some veggies, I ended up buying 1/2 kg of Oukabi. Fried Oukabi  taste best with sougri kongsoi or any other Kangsoi.

Marinating the Oukabi with salt, turmeric powder and lil musterd oil before frying it enhance the taste and frying  it in mustard oil instead of vegetable oil is the best ....my best fren AN lovesssss Oukabi athouba and whenever I travel to Delhi I always take atleast a kg of fried oukabi for her....the mouth watering pic is below yummyyy :)

No comments:

About my blog

Search This Blog